Welcome to the 2022-2023 Dance Year at Ballet Theatre School!
Thank you for choosing Ballet Theatre School for your child’s dance education. With so many schools to choose from, we consider it an honor that you have decided to allow us the opportunity to teach your children. We look forward to working with you during the school year.
Please remember that a very important part of your child’s dance education involves the discipline that is required in all forms of dance. We want the students to enjoy their dance experience, but at the same time, they are expected to show respect for their teachers and the rules of the school.
You will receive a monthly newsletter to keep you up to date on events taking place at BTS. If you ever have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to call the studio and someone will be able to help you.
Thank you again for choosing Ballet Theatre School.
Student Handbook Information
- Ballet - solid colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers
- Jazz - solid colored leotard, tights, black jazz shoes
- Lyrical - solid colored leotard, tights, lyrical shoes
- NO PANTS OR SHORTS OVER DANCE WEAR
- NO SHIRTS OVER DANCE WEAR
- Have hair fixed properly. Ages 3 - 9: Hair should be secured away from the face. Ponytail is acceptable. Ages 10 and older: Hair should be secured away from the face and up in a bun.
- Ballet ages 10 and older: Skirts can be worn for center work only!
Parents are never discouraged from observing classes at the studio. However, the teachers request that you observe the classroom from the observation windows located in the lobby and not by entering the dance studios. Too many adults in the classroom during instruction is confusing to the students, especially at a young age. If your child is not able to separate from you during their allotted class time, they will need to wait until next year to enroll in dance classes.
If you need to speak with one of the teachers, please set up a time apart from the regular class time for conferences. The teachers are very limited in their time between classes and any discussions about a student are best done when the teacher is not rushed and there are no other students present.
PLEASE DO NOT OBSERVE CLASS FROM THE OFFICE
Please park your car in the parking spaces provided...do not park at the end of the sidewalk or parallel to the lot next door. This causes severe traffic jams.
- Loud voices can be heard in the studios. Please do not tap or knock on the observation windows during class.
- Siblings should remain in the lobby with waiting parents.
- Do not open the studio doors when class is in session.
- Please do not answer the telephone.
- Clean up after yourself and your children.
- Do not enter the office, sewing room, or storage room unless a studio representative is present.
- Do not stand on furniture or window sills.
- Do not swing on the glass doors.
- Absolutely no gum or colored drinks are allowed in the building.
Teaches Jazz and Lyrical
Teaches Ballet, Jazz, and Lyrical
Teaches Ballet and Contemporary
Teaches Jazz, Lyrical, and Contemporary
Faculty and Staff Contact
We kindly ask that you please direct any questions you have to our office, and not to the Faculty’s personal cell phones or social media pages. Our office number is 228.822.0490 and our email address is email@example.com. If we are unavailable, you can leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to check your emails and text alerts as well, or let us know in the office if you need to sign up to receive them. Many questions can be answered in the newsletters and alerts we send out.